Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Challenge For Me!

These earrings were a bit on the challenging side for me, but I did finish them! It is another pattern from my niece, Jenni, done in peyote/gourd stitch.


I love the colors and used Swarovski beads to give her a bit of sparkle at the bottom of her "kusbuck" or dress-jacket. She is a dancing Eskimo with a beautiful head dress on.


The headdress was what I had trouble doing. After several attempts and having to pull out the beads each time, I learned that I need to finish the basic rows first and then go around the edge to put in the beads that extend out giving her hat a long fur trimmed look. The ladies that wear these dancing hats make them so beautiful and are finished with long fur. I am not sure what kind of fur though, maybe wolverine.

4 comments:

Aliza Rezki said...

wow, thats cute. =)

Homemanager said...

Connie,
Your bead work is beautiful! Those Alaskan girls are so intricate!

Attie said...

OOHH my!! those are just perfect!! have you ever been to the black Berry bog? my Mom made things and she took them there to be sold..(if I remember right)

Connie Marie said...

I gave these to my niece Kendra. lol I have not really sold much of anything! I have not been to the Black Berry Bog, Jettie. Never did hear of it.