Tuesday, September 19, 2006

IT BROKE Frustrations!



I have been deciding what stringing material to use for making a necklace using a "RARE Natural White MoMo Coral" of graduated branches and Austrian crystals that I had purchased. The coral are 99% white, but have a few hints of pink in them. I wanted to use white coral since I wanted to sell it as bridal jewelry.


My daughter Karla is a wedding coordinator (Karla DeLong Weddings) and as we were looking through a bride magazine we saw a necklace made with coral that was so stunning I decided I wanted to try to create one myself.


After doing some online reading about stringing material and getting my mind in a jumble about it all, I wrote to Beadweaver's Sue for suggestions on what type of stringing material to use. I appreciate the time she took to share her expertise with me and after thinking about it and playing around with the coral for months now, I sat down to sting it all together.


I decided to use SoftFlex beading wire size .019. It's suggested use is with glass, mineral and metal beads.


I have strung and taken it a part three times already and now I have to do it again! The sterling silver cap end I was using just broke! boo hoo Maybe I need to consider using some other way to end the necklace?


So anyway, back to the beading table...

No comments: