Wednesday, September 20, 2006

My Toothfairy Purse

I like to do peyote stitch. I learned to do this type of beading stitch from my sister, Kotya. Her daughter Jenni has a beads and beading patterns business, Polar Beads. Jennifer has been an inspiration to me since I first, finally sat down and picked up my first beading needle and beads after severe coaxing by my sister Kotya. (Well it was!) Check out Jenni's site for incredible patterns and great prices on beads!


I have shown this completed purse before online but wanted to include it here on this page, as I will be showing a lot more of the completed work I have done here. This is going to be a fun blog!


I am trying to upload the backside of this purse but Blogger is not cooperating today. I try to make my files smaller and they still don't work so that must not be the trouble.


I purchased the bead pattern design software from BeadcreatorPro a long time ago to work up some designs I had in my head. I have found the program to be frustrating to use. I know that the designer is working on it all the time and always am excited to download his latest fixes.


I know my niece, Jennifer of Polar Beads, uses Beadscape, which is a program that will run only on Mac's, so I could not purchase that software. It appears to work great to create patterns to print out for sharing or selling. Jenni has created so many beautiful designs. She has been sharing in the magazine Bead & Button for a while now. I love seeing her work in that magazine.


Ah ha! It worked! This is the backside of the Toothfairy purse. I had fun creating and beading this! The youngsters are holding up their missing teeth.


I'm not sure if I still have this pattern ready to print out but if you would like to bead it I can try to send it to you as a PDF file. Just email me!


I will be posting more of my work soon.

No comments: